.

.

Monday, February 7, 2011

Random Memories :)

hey everyone!! Just got back from school so I decided to take a break and write in this blog! :) I had a good day, just got my report card back :/ I did slightly better than before, which is good. ANyway, today I still have a flute lesson and I'm playing Elegrie (Donjon), Nocturne, and this other one. I recently tried out for the Junior Districts and I played Sonata in F major. I didn't get in though :( I got sooo nervous, my heart was beating and I was trembling. When I started to play the air wouldn't go in right because of my trembling! I was very close though, and it's funny to think because the whole process and steps were so easy, it was just my nervousness that took over and got the best of me. :( You win some,you lose some, I guess....
Anyway, I chose to write down a random memory when I feel like it. It isn't linked with anything, its just random!
*Going to Tijuana, Mexico*
During February break of 2010 my family and I went to California, to visit my cousins, aunt, uncle and grandparents. California is probably my favorite state, its GORGEOUS, the climate is perfect for me, i have a TON of good times there and its just a place for relaxing and creating life long memories. :') So we were going to San Diego to visit the zoo and travel around. We saw Old Town which is a small city close to San Diego. It's like someone took all the amazing qualities of Mexico (its food, culture, landscapes) dragged it out and crossed the border. I litteraly felt like I was in Mexico there!! (BTW they have amazing burritos, my favorite food!!) Anyway, when we were in San Diego, my sister kept nagging my mom so we could visit another country. For me being like 'oh hey lets go visit another country today!' is nothing THAT special. So then we were all like 'hey we're so close to Mexico, why not cross the border and see what its like over there'. Thats what we did. We went through this very long line. There were posters of children that were kidnapped or people that crossed the border illegally. When we crossed the border it was COMPLETELY different. It kinda scared me. There were many homeless people, when we drove through the roads people kept trying to sell us things through the window, there were outdoor stores. We drew a lot of attention because we are white people in a taxi visiting a poor, 3rd world city. It's so strange how different these two worlds are and how it only took 30 minutes to cross the border. Overall though, I thought it was interesting and very unique and an experience that is completely new to me.
Soooo that was my first random memory!! hope you all enjoyed!
Have to go now do hw :P

No comments:

Post a Comment